NATURE FIRST PRINCIPLES OVERVIEW
Nature First is built on seven core principles that help communicate how each of us can enjoy nature photography responsibly. The Seven Principles of Nature First Photography were developed to help educate and guide both professional and recreational photographers in sustainable, minimal impact practices that will help preserve nature’s beautiful locations. #naturefirst
THE NATURE FIRST PRINCIPLES
- Prioritize the well-being of nature over photography.
- Educate yourself about the places you photograph.
- Reflect on the possible impact of your actions.
- Use discretion if sharing locations.
- Know and follow rules and regulations.
- Always follow Leave No Trace principles and strive to leave places better than you found them.
- Actively promote and educate others about these principles
If you enjoy nature photography professionally or just for fun please consider these principles. Together we can make a difference.
To learn more about Nature First and The Alliance For Responsible Nature Photography and to read detailed description of these principles please visit:
It has become increasingly difficult to portray the beauty of wild places while still providing the protection it needs. With the booming popularity of photography many feel a need to visit places they see through others images. With this in mind it is important that many of these places are not burdened with ever growing human intrusion. Therefore I have made a conscious decision to adhere to the code of conduct outlined in the Nature First principles.